Thursday, December 22, 2011

T'is the season

T'is the season to be jolly.  That's what the song says, and I firmly believe.  But some days it's harder than others.  It's been pretty busy at work and I've been pretty jolly there...but then I get home and I'm pooped.  It's hard to be jolly when you're pooped.  Ask a mall santa.  I've been dressing in holiday apparel every day of December.  It's tacky, I know, but it brings me joy.  It makes me feel jolly.  Until I get home...to a bunch of Ebenezers.  It's hard to be jolly with an Ebenezer about.  How can I be such a "Christmas Person" and yet spawn Ebenezers? Well, I guess they aren't really Ebenezers, they just take it down a few notches.  If I pay attention, I can see the little things they do that show their Christmas spirit.

On the first day of Christmas, my daughter brought to me a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the second day of Christmas, my oldest son asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the third day of Christmas, my youngest son donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my darling spouse gave me four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my daughter brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my oldest son called me with six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my youngest son gave me seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the eighth day of Christmas, my loving spouse showed me eight funny videos, seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the ninth day of Christmas, my daughter picked nine angel tree tags, showed me eight funny videos, seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my oldest son hung ten ornaments, picked nine angel tree tags, showed me eight funny videos, seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my youngest son sang eleven Christmas carols, hung ten ornaments, picked nine angel tree tags, showed me eight funny videos, seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my family showed me quiet Christmas joy, sang eleven Christmas carols, hung ten ornaments, picked nine angel tree tags, showed me eight funny videos, seven sticky gumballs, six gift ideas, brought home five hungry friends, four chocolate kisses, donated three silver dimes, asked for two small presents and a candy cane in a cup of cocoa.

Wishing you all the Peace, Joy and Love this season brings in all the big and little ways it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment