Monday, March 21, 2011

Best Laid Plans

It is said, “The best-laid plans of mice and (wo)men often go awry”.  No matter how carefully a project is planned, something may still go wrong with it.  
Well, that’s how my cropping and blog posting have gone the last couple weeks!  I am trying to pull together a tutorial on Glimmer Mist for you all and I keep thinking of things to show you, then my camera battery died and needed re-charging, so the whole project got put on hold.  In the meantime, life happened and I was pulled away to join in… rather willingly, I admit!
So, what do you do to satisfy your creativity when you can’t crop?  When I am not cropping, my mind has a little hamster in it, running the creative treadmill and as it thinks of things, it files them away for future reference.  Sometimes those creative files are well ordered and easily retrieved, other times I have little slips of thoughts that occurred to me, but I can’t remember what it was I was going to do with them!  I start looking at ordinary things and thinking, "How can I use that idea or object in a layout?".  Or, I’ll see some paper or embellishment or technique that strikes me as inspirational and I’ll get it and tuck it away until I can sit down and play again.
Right now, maybe because spring has sprung (at least in the sunshine state); my focus seems to be on flowers.  I love using flowers in my layouts and am on the hunt for flowers I can make.  The Prima flowers are gorgeous, but sometimes too much for what I am working on.  Or I can’t find a flower to coordinate with the colors in my layouts.  Sometimes I have a vision of how I want the finished product to look, and there doesn’t seem to be a flower that suits my vision.  So my little hamster is currently busy gathering bouquets of flowers.
I’ve come up with a rather darling flower using a floral pattern cotton and… dryer sheets!  This will be part of my Glimmer Mist tutorial, when I finally get all the bits and pieces in order!  I can’t wait to share it with you!!  Keep checking back!
So, there, I’ve planned another project and hopefully it will come to fruition soon, awry-less!  Until then, go crop yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment