Friday, June 17, 2011

Summertime and Sunkist Kisses

Happy Summer!  The skies are blue, the sun is bright and the temperatures are skyrocketing!  Oh! And here, in Florida, that means afternoon thunderstorms start rolling in to drench everything!  The other day when I left the office for lunch and walked into the parking lot I raised my face up to the sky to soak in the rays... and I felt a little like an iguana basking in the heat!  But I digress...

Apparently I'm not the only one feeling the warmth of the summer sun.  The folks over at The Color Room released Palette #62 labeled the Sun Room.  The palette was three shades of orange (light, medium and dark), plus white.  To me they were the colors of a sunkist afternoon.  Then I remembered I had this cute picture of my teenage daughter during her "strawberry blonde phase" and making a "kissy-face" and *BOOM* I was inspired.



I've never participated in the Color Room challenges before and was not only inspired and challenged, but had a lot of fun diving through my treasure trove of scrapbooking stuff to fnd the perfect embelishments and papers.

I started with white paper and stamped swirls in the upper left corner and Glimmer Misted the page using Peach Delight.  I had a strip of leftover orange paisley paper, which I adhered to the bottom of the page.
Next I created layered mat for the photo layered and punching scrap pieces of paper - and even added pieces of a paper doily.

To embellish I used a stash of chipboard flourishes and inked them. Added some rhinestone flourishes (*~ bling ~* it on, baby!) and went to town with some Prima flowers.  I also found some copper colored honey bees printed on acetate, which I added here and there and a beautiful butterfly.

The title "sunkist" is from some old chipboard letters - orange with white polka dots!  The other part of the title "kisses" is a photo clip with the word "kisses" embossed.  I used a thin copper pen to bring them to life.

Et, Voila!  There you have it, my ode to summer... Sunkist Kisses!  I encourage you to pop over to The Color Room and look at their weekly palatte challenge.  They also have a great selection of sketches to get you started!

Enjoy your summer, take lots of pictures and don't forget to ...go crop yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment