Saturday, February 12, 2011

Baby Steps

Baby Steps… Yep I am going to try this blogging thing one baby step at a time.  Kind of like scrapbooking.  One doesn’t create a fabulous layout on the first try.  It takes some inspiration, some vision, a bit of creativity and a lot of faith that those bits and pieces of paper and ribbon, thread and paint, flowers and bling; and whatever else can be stuck to a paper will fit themselves together like a beautiful puzzle and in the end you will have something to be proud of.  Likewise, I am hoping I can craft my thoughts and words together in a way that bespeaks my passion for scrapbooking.  I’m gonna get my crop on!!!

    Although I have linked to Amazon, there are a ton of other online sites as well as most local craft stores (Michael's, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby in the US to name a few) who also carry these items.  Don't get overwhelmed by your options.  Pick some papers and choose coordinating embellishments that appeal to you or reinforce your subject (such a boy scout embellishments for that boy scout camping trip or floral embellishments for your little princess in her party dress).

    What tools or supplies do you consider necessary for a basic, essential beginner tool kit?  Please leave a comment with your thoughts!

    1 comment:

    1. I think you've listed the most essential essentials, Katie. As an ex Creative Memories Consultant, I would suggest pens to journal with. Pick archival quality pens. I would suggest Sakura or Zig pens. I would also recommend some basic shape punches. Scallops, circles and squares.
      Glad you've started blogging. Perhaps it will motivate me?

      ReplyDelete